Leave Boring Behind - Playful Adventures Await
Are you tired of the same mundane activities with your kids? Do you want to break free from the monotony and create unforgettable memories with your little ones?
Look no further!
Leave Boring Behind and check out several playful adventures that we have compiled for you. Say goodbye to couch potato weekends and hello to having a blast!
Our goal is to help dads and other caregivers to connect with their children in a meaningful way through play while also encouraging a sense of adventure and imagination. We believe that playful adventures are the perfect way to do just that. So Leave Boring Behind and join us for some fun!
Imagine the excitement in your child's eyes as you embark on an outdoor scavenger hunt or set up camp in the middle of the living room. Watch as their creativity and imagination take flight during a game of animal charades.
It's not just about the fun and games.
We know you also want to foster bonding between you and your child, and Play is the Way! Strengthen your relationship with your kiddo by joining their worlds. Play is how they communicate, regulate emotions, learn, and work through problems.
So, what are you waiting for? It's time to add some adventure to your parenting journey.
Get moving with some active play.
- Let their imaginations run wild! Use Safari Ltd. figurines or TOOB toys as prompts for game of “Guess the Animal” charades, to prompt animal movements fun, to hold while playing predator and prey tag, or for hide and seek the animals! You could even create an indoor or outdoor obstacle course for your kids, complete with different animals to collect as they make their way through the course.
- Don’t wake up the Dragon (or lion, T-Rex, etc)! Lay on the floor or in a pillow “cave” with your eyes closed. Have a dragon or other “scary” figurine(s) in front of you. Your kids will have to sneak and try to grab the figurine(s) without waking up the dragon (you). Be prepared for squeals of delight! This can be turned into a game of tag or you can also have several dragons or figurines that they must sneak and get to take them back to their safe base.
- Ahoy matey! Why not plan a pirate themed treasure hunt? This is a great way to get your children excited about exploring and using their imaginations. You can create a map with clues that lead to a treasure chest filled with fun surprises. Not only will your children love the thrill of the hunt, but they'll also love spending time with you as you work together to solve the clues. Take it up a notch by adding in obstacle course challenges along the way. Kids also are delighted to find little treasures all along the trail.
Get outside with some outdoor exploration.
- Explore the incredible beauty of our natural world while adding in some play adventures. Bring Safari Ltd. figurines to help identify different animals that may be in your area (We have several biome and continent themed TOOBS), for some small world play in nature, or to use for a fun outdoor scavenger hunt. Need some cool gadgets for your outdoor excursions? Grab some Safariology gear, like our Luminoculars, World’s Best Bug Jar, Magnifying Glass, and more.
- Make a splash with some water play fun! Did you know that Safari Ltd. figurines are a great addition to pool, beach, or bath time play? They can be tossed in the water and retrieved like diving sticks, props for imaginative play at the beach, story time prompts while relaxing in the shade. Buckets, shovels, floats, and many other beach and water toys can be added to set the stage for your open-ended play. Get yourself stocked with other outdoor toys to get the kids outside and making positive memories.
Play their way!
Keep an open mind and let your kids choose their own way to play! Follow their lead as they explore creative possibilities that come along with open-ended toys like figurines, blocks, or plush toys. If they are stumped for ideas, suggest some different activities, but be prepared for their creativity to take you down paths you've never expected!
Pop up a tent and go on a camping adventure.
This doesn't have to be a big, elaborate trip, or even a trip at all- you can set up a tent in your backyard or even in your living room! Spend the night telling stories, roasting marshmallows, and enjoying each other's company. Your children will love the sense of adventure that comes with camping and will cherish the memories of spending time with their dad. Shadow stories are especially fun. Grab some Safari Ltd figurines and a flashlight for dramatic storytelling. Any Safari Ltd. figures will do, but if you want to add a little spookiness, check out our Mythical Realms Collection! Create a perfect campout to remember!
Time for a DINO-mite movie night!
If you're looking for something a little more low-key, why not have a movie night? But instead of just watching a movie, make it a themed night! Pick a movie that relates to one of your child's interests and plan activities and snacks around it. For example, if your child is obsessed with dinosaurs, you could watch Jurassic Park and add dinosaur toys and a dino-themed snack spread. This is a great way to bond with your child over a shared interest and encourage their imagination.
It's game night!
So what are you waiting for? Join the fun and Leave Boring Behind. Your kids will thank you for it!
We hope these ideas have inspired you to Leave Boring Behind and have some playful adventures with your children. Not only will you be promoting bonding and a sense of adventure, but you'll also be encouraging imaginative play - something that is so important for children's development. So, what are you waiting for? Grab your kids and let's go on an adventure! We can't wait to see all the amazing memories that you and your children create together!"
Join the movement and share your own playful adventures using the hashtag on social media #LeaveBoringBehind. Let's inspire dads and caregivers around the world to create unforgettable memories with their little ones.