Grandparents play a special role in their grandchild's life! They are friends and mentors offering a wisdom and unconditional love unique to their role. Although no two relationships between grandparent and grandchild are alike, we've compiled a list of activities sure to create long-lasting memories for years to come!
Grandparent Activities for Infants and Toddlers
1. Read story books and play together. Bring stories to life with toys and play!
2. Open-ended play with building blocks opens a child's imagination! There's no end in sight for what you can create together.
Grandparent Activities for Preschoolers
3. Working on simple arts and crafts activities with play dough or watercolors. Click here for a great play dough recipe and activity!
4. Exploring nature! Get outside and discover the natural world together.
Grandparent Activities for School Age Children
5. Playing board or card games! A classic activity.
6. Doing art activities like sculpting with clay, Origami, or watercolors!
7. Visiting a museum, zoo or aquarium!
8. Working on a puzzle together.
No matter the age or activity, as long as you're together and present to the experience at hand, it'll sure to become a cherished memory for life!