Florida Panther Toy
Save Liquid error (snippets/product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
The Florida panther is an extremely endangered subspecies of the Puma concolor, which is commonly known by many names, including cougar, mountain lion, and puma. It is the only remaining Puma concolor subspecies left in the eastern United States. The Florida panther is only found in southern Florida and its population may number just 160 animals.
- History: The Florida panther faces many threats, including alligators, pesticides, and automobiles, but the biggest issues facing these animals are habitat loss and a lack of genetic diversity. These cats are very territorial animals and require lots of space to hunt, so conserving their habitat of cypress swamp and pineland is key to their survival. Though their numbers have improved from just 20 in the 1970s to 160 in 2013, there still are not enough panthers to form a genetically diverse population.
- Scientific Name: Puma concolor coryi
- Characteristics: Our Florida Panther toy is standing attentively with its ears perked up, as if something has just caught its attention. Its eyes are focused directly forward, perhaps on some unsuspecting prey. This figure is individually hand-painted with accurate markings and beautifully sculpted details.
- Size: This Florida Panther toy figure is 5 ¼ inches tall and 9 inches long, making it just a bit taller than a soda can and a bit wider than a standard legal sheet of paper.
- The Florida Panther is part of the Wild Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.