One of the most well-known dinosaurs of all time, Triceratops is easily recognized by its two large brow horns, its short nose horn and its large bony shield-like frill.
- History: Triceratops was one of the last non-bird dinosaurs, living right up until the extinction event that occurred at the end of the Cretaceous Period around 66 million years ago. Since its discovery in 1889, numerous remains have been found including complete skeletons, making this one of the most well-known and understood dinosaurs. Examples of young, middle-aged and older Triceratops have been discovered.
- Scientific Name: Triceratops
- Characteristics: This Triceratops toy is rearing its head up, perhaps to brandish its formidable horns at a predator. This figure is full of scaly details and scientifically accurate features, including its horns, beak, frill, stocky body and short tail.
- Size: This Triceratops toy is 7 ¾ inches long and 4 ¼ inches tall at the tip of its horns, or about as long as the width of a standard sheet of paper.
- The Triceratops is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.