Save Liquid error (snippets/product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
Sarcosuchus was a gigantic ancient relative of crocodiles, living in the Early Cretaceous Period around 112 million years ago. It could grow over 30 feet in length! It had a long, thin snout that ended in a thick, round projection known as a “bulla”.
- History: Sarcosuchus is thought to be among the largest of the Crocodyliformes, a group composed of crocodiles and their close ancestors. Fragments of its skeleton were found between 1946 and 1959, but in 1964 a nearly complete skull was discovered. More recent fossils found in the late 1990s and early 2000s provided even more complete skeletal information.
- Scientific Name: Sarcosuchus (“Flesh Crocodile”)
- Characteristics: This crocodile-like Sarcosuchus toy figure is hand painted and full of scientifically accurate details, from the large hump (bulla) on its nose to the wide flat scutes on its back. It’s posed in a walking stance, making its way across its tropical habitat.
- Size: This Sarcosuchus toy is just over 10 inches in length, and stands 2 ¼ inches tall at the hump of its back. It’s about the size of a 20 oz bottle.
- The Sarcosuchus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free