Moon Bear Toy
Also known as the Asian black bear and the white-chested bear, the moon bear is a fairly small bear found throughout Asia that has adapted to living in trees. Unlike many other bear species, their body shape is more akin to prehistoric bears than it is to modern ones.
- History: Although moon bears are classified as omnivores, they are predominantly more carnivorous than most other bear species. They primarily feed on things like larvae, termites, grubs, and bees, but have been known to also eat nuts, mushrooms, grasses, fruits, and seeds. Because they produce something called bear bile, which is sought after in many different Asian cultures, moon bears have been severely over hunted and are now classified as vulnerable on the conservation stats spectrum.
- Scientific Name: Ursus thibetanus
- Characteristics:Although moon bears avoid confrontation with humans, like most animals, they can still be very dangerous and are best studied with our figurines rather than up close! Individually painted and crafted by professionals, our wildlife figurines allow you to experience all of the amazing creatures of the world, like this moon bear toy, in the palm of your hand.
- Size: Measuring 4.5 inches long and 2.25 inches tall, our moon bear toy model is an inch longer than a deck of cards stood on its side.
- This Moon Bear is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.