Native to Australia and New Guinea, the kookaburra was named after its unique call, the sound of which is actually onomatopoeic with its name. Its call had been said to sound like human laughter, and there’s even a species known as the laughing kookaburra as a result.
- History: Because of its distinctive call, sound clips of the kookaburra have been used in popular media outlets, including films, television shows, and jungle-themed theme park rides, to simulate “jungle” noises. This kookaburra toy figurine is so amazingly life-like that when you take it home, it might just let out a few calls of its own!
- Scientific Name: Dacelo novaeguineae
- Characteristics:You might not think it looking at this little bird, but it can let out quite a call! Hand-painted and meticulously researched to assure true-to-life accuracy, all Safari wildlife figurines are exceptional as educational tools, gifts, additions to a collection, or as toys for creative play.
- Size: At 3 inches long and 1.25 inches tall, this kookaburra toy figurine is about as long as but a bit shorter than a deck of cards stood on its side.
- The Kookaburra is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free