Hammerhead Sharks - 192 pcs - Good Luck Minis®
Save Liquid error (snippets/product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
- History: Hammerheads belong to the family Sphyrnidae, which contains 9 species, all but one of which are in the genus Sphyrna. These sharks swing their head back and forth as they swim, scanning the sea bottom for food, particularly stingrays, which they seem to enjoy the most. Despite a fearsome reputation, most species of hammerhead are harmless, and even those that are potentially dangerous are not generally aggressive. Attacks on humans by hammerheads are rare.
- Scientific Name: Family Sphyrnidae
- Characteristics: Despite the tiny size, these Good Luck Minis® are easily identifiable due to their flattened heads and tall dorsal fins.
- Size: These minis are 1 ¼ inch long, and each features the gray brown coloration characteristic of hammerheads. Their underside is a lighter brown, with a tiny pink mouth.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
- 192 Pieces Per Bag. Only Available in Bulk Purchase.
Hammerhead sharks have a uniquely shaped head that gives them their common name. The technical name for their flattened head is a cephalofoil. There are many proposed reasons for the hammer-shaped head, including increasing its sensory perception to better detect prey.