Save Liquid error (snippets/product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
Coelophysis was one of the first agile meat-eating dinosaurs. This relatively small theropod scurried around what is now New Mexico during the Triassic Period, at the dawn of the age of the dinosaurs, 200 million years ago.
- History: Coelophysis was first discovered and described in the 1880s based on some partial fossils. It remained poorly known until 1947, when hundreds of complete and near-complete skeletons were discovered at Ghost Ranch, New Mexico, USA. Excavated and studied by the American Museum of Natural History, this ‘graveyard’ of specimens contained both young and old individuals.
- Scientific Name: Coelophysis bauri
- Characteristics: As this Coelophysis toy shows, this dinosaur is a delicately built, two-legged carnivore with slender legs and three-toed feet. It had sharp, serrated teeth and was roughly 10 ft long, from head to tail.
- Size: This slender Coelophysis toy model is 7.25 inches long and 2.5 inches high.
- The Coelophysis is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free