Save Liquid error (snippets/product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
Covered in armor and weighing up to 13,000 lbs., Ankylosaurus was the tank of the dinosaur world. It’s name means “fused lizard”, because the bones in its skull and many other areas are fused together, making this dinosaur that much tougher and harder. Add a tail club for good measure, and you’ve got a creature that most predators would think twice about messing with!
- History: Ankylosaurus was first discovered in 1906 by Barnum Brown in Montana. Based on these incomplete remains, Brown created a reconstruction that lacked the characteristic tail club, and also had its osteoderms (armor plates) arranged in near parallel rows. Future specimens would reveal the tail club and more osteoderms of varied shapes and sizes - it was not formally described in full until Kenneth Carpenter undertook the task in 2004.
- Scientific Name: Ankylosaurus magniventris
- Characteristics: Ankylosaurus was covered in bony protective plates, and professionally painted Ankylosaurus toy figure reflects that feature in exacting detail. Its tail club is raised defensively, as if preparing to strike at an attacking foe.
- Size: The Ankylosaurus toy is 7 1/2 inches long and 2 ½ inches high to the tip of his raised tail. It’s a bit longer than a soda can on its side, and about as wide.
- The Ankylosaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.