Save Liquid error (snippets/product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
Despite its name, the muskox is more closely related to the goat family than to oxen. These shaggy beasts move through the Arctic wilderness in herds of about 20 individuals. If one animal is injured, the herd will form a protective circle around it with their horns facing outward.
- History: Muskoxen are named for the strong odor they give off during breeding season. During this time, males are the dominant members of the pack, though the roles switch once females become pregnant. During that period, the females determine where and how far the herd will go during their daily travels.
- Scientific Name: Ovibos moschatus
- Characteristics: This muskox is galloping along, with his shaggy fur flowing in the cold winter wind. This expertly painted muskox toy figure features all the accurate details of these unusual creatures, from their curved horns to their long outer coat of “guard hairs” that gives the impression that the muskox is much larger than it actually is.
- Size: The muskox toy figure is 4 ¾ inches long and almost 3 inches tall, or about the size of a small index card.
- The Muskox is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free