WHAT WAS NEW IN 2022?
Before beginning the new year, let’s take a moment to look back and reflect on our 2022 Toys That Teach. 2022 sure did bring us some fantastic, magical, large as life, wildly wonderful, totally TOOBular, and DINOmite figs.
The 2022 figurines provided our SafariFans with hours of joy, imaginative play adventures, joyful learning opportunities, new collectibles, photo props, and crafting fun! We were so thrilled to see and hear about all of the creativity and fun happening throughout the year!
A Bit of Myth and Magic
In China, dragons are often associated with good luck and wisdom. They are fierce and powerful, but respected for their great knowledge and strength.
- Our Chinese Dragon figure features the serpentine shape, antler-like horns, long whiskers and ornate finned spines often seen on depictions of this mythical creature. Its green and yellow scales and horns contrast with the red of its spines, whiskers and tongue.
- Size:This dragon figure measures about 6 inches in length.
- The Chinese Dragon figure is part of the Dragons collection.
Pyrois is one of four immortal horses, from Greek Mythology, that pulled the chariot of the sun-god Helios to carry the sun above the horizon at dawn, and across the sky during the day.
- The name, Pyrois, means “Flame.”
- New striking "blue flame" coloration.
- Pyrois was said to be the favorite of the four immortal horses who pulled Helios’ chariot
- Size:75" L x 3.5" W x 3.25" H
- The Pyrois is part of the Mythical Realms® collection.
While a being a unique depiction, the idea of a black Unicorn has existed as far back as Fifth Century B.C. In his book on the wildlife of India, Ctesias wrote that Unicorns could be white, red, or black. In Ancient Greece, Unicorns were believed to be exotic wild animals, not mythical creatures.
- The Twilight Unicorn has a striking black coat, gleaming gold hooves and horn, and red roses entwined in its mane.
- Size:Standing 4 ½ inches tall, the Twilight Unicorn measures 5 ½ inches from nose to tail.
- The Twilight Unicorn is part of the Mythical Realms® collection
Koi are a type of carp that are often kept for decorative purposes in ponds and gardens. Loved for their wide variety of colors and patterns, koi can be white, black, red, yellow, blue, and more!
- The Koi Fish - Tancho, named after the Japanese crane, a bird that also sports a similar red dot on its head.
- Features coloration reflecting the Tancho style of koi, with a prominent red-orange dot on its forehead. Its body is a shimmery white with black patches.
- Size: 6 inches long and 2.5 inches wide
- The Koi Fish - Tancho is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
A row of short spikes on either side of its wedge-shaped head inspired the name for the Crested Gecko. In the wild, Crested Geckos can be grey, brown, red, orange, and yellow. Additionally, their coloration can display any of three different patterns – white fringed, tiger-striped, and pattern-less. In captivity they have been selectively bred to feature many different color patterns not seen in the wild. These lizards live mostly in trees of the rainforests of New Caledonia, and they are primarily active at night.
- Features an orange coloration often seen on wild geckos, with cream coloration on the underside and tail.
- Done in a 1:1 scale, this Crested Gecko toy is the same size as the real deal.
- Incredibly detailed sculpting and painting have been added into every aspect of this accurate figurine, from the eyes to the toes to the individual scales.
- Size: This figure measures approximately 5 1/2 inches from the tip of its snout to the curve of its tail, and stands about 1 1/2 inch off the ground.
- The Crested Gecko figure is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
The Mwanza Flat-Headed Rock Agama is often known as The Spider-Man Lizard! Named after the iconic Marvel superhero due to its similar bright color pattern, our figure of this lizard accurately reflects this African animal's vibrant hues.
- This Mwanza Flat-Headed Rock Agama features the bright red head, neck, and shoulder area and the deep, rich blue on its tail, back half and legs.
- Size:This figure measures approximately 9 1/2 inches from the tip of its snout to the end of its tail, and stands about 2 3/4 inches off the ground.
- The Mwanza Flat-Headed Rock Agama figure is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
With the potential to reach weights of well over 200 pounds, the Green Anaconda is the heaviest known snake in the world. This South American constrictor can also grow over 17 feet in length! Have no fear, kids and collectors can get up close with this scaly serpent without worrying about being swallowed!
- This finely detailed and scientifically accurate sculpted figure captures the bulk of this heavy bodied snake.
- Artfully painted, the snake is a drab olive green above with darker splotches, orange spots along its side, a yellow underbelly, and an orange-red streak behind each eye that distinguishes this snake from others.
- Size:In its sculpted coiled posture, this snake figure measures just over 6 inches wide and nearly 5 inches from front to back. Smaller than the real thing but no less detailed.
- The Green Anaconda figure is part of the Incredible Creatures® collection.
The Minke Whale’s unique name is thought to come from a whaler named "Meinke" who mistakenly identified these whales as blue whales. This relatively small baleen whale, growing to about 35 feet in length, is related to the Blue Whale and the Sei Whale.
- This detailed and accurate figure represents a Common Minke. The Minke Whale has a highly variable coloration, with a dark gray or black coloration above, white on the underside, and large areas of white and gray on its sides. The Common Minke typically has a white stripe on each of its small black pectoral fins.
- Size:This whale figure measures just over 7 inches in length, around the size of a pair of scissors.
- The Minke Whale figure is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
A Salmon Shark resembles its famous larger cousin, the Great White, but has a unique mottled and spotted pattern on its lower body. The Salmon Shark prefers cold northern waters of the Pacific Ocean.
- This Salmon Shark figure features the streamlined shape of a mackerel shark, similar to its relatives the Great White and Mako.
- It’s painted in counter shaded coloration: dark gray above, white below, with a smattering of gray spots marking the transition.
- Featuring an open mouth full of teeth, this shark is ready to feed on some salmon!
- Size:This shark measures approximately 5 1/2 inches in length, about the length of a pen or marker.
- The Salmon Shark figure is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
No worries, it's ok to get close to this detailed baby alligator figure without worrying about facing the wrath of its protective mother! Baby alligators may be small and cute, but they will grow up to be apex predators in their wetland environments, and have one of the strongest bite forces ever measured in a living animal.
- This scientifically accurate and highly detailed alligator baby figure features the distinctive yellow bands along its body that mark it as a juvenile gator. As alligators grow, their yellow bands (used for camouflage among sawgrass) fade, leaving the animal's scales more uniformly black in color.
- Size:This gator baby toy measures approximately 4 1/2 inches long and just under 2 1/2 inches wide.
- The Alligator Baby figure is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection.
While it lacking a long neck, the Okapi’s closest living relative is the giraffe. They share features like the knobby ossicones on their heads and distinctly long tongues. The Okapi is sometimes referred to as the “forest giraffe”. They are currently only found in the Democratic Republic of Congo, in Africa.
- This detailed, accurate and realistic okapi figurine features the animal's unique coloration - a brown and black body with white striping along its legs and haunches, and white fur on the sides of its face.
- Size:This okapi toy figurine measures just under 5 inches in length and just under 4 inches in height.
- The Okapi figure is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection.
The Shiba Inu is an expressive and intelligent pup. As one of the oldest breeds of dog, and thanks in no small part to internet memes and social media, the Shiba Inu is still very popular to this day. They are often described as being catlike with their stubborn and very independent temperament.
- The Safari Ltd Shiba Inu figure captures the short, well-muscled, and compact appearance of the dog, as well as its fox-like face and curled, brush-like tail.
- This figure showcases the reddish fur typical of many Shiba Inus.
- Size:This Shiba Inu figure is approximately 3 inches in length and 2 1/2 inches high.
- The Shiba Inu figure is part of the Best in Show collection.
Get acquainted with 8 amazing animals representing the diverse wildlife found in the giant continent of Asia!
- This Asian Animals TOOB includes re-usable packaging with a latching top and carry strap that makes TOOBS portable and convenient!
- 8 figures, representing species found in Asia, are included. Inside the TOOB, you will find the Asian Elephant, Indian Rhino, Orangutan, Panda Bear, Tiger, Saiga Antelope, Philippine Eagle, and Gavial.
- Each animal features accurate sculpting and painting details, true to the actual animals.
- The TOOB container is the size of a standard American ruler, this TOOB is 1 1/2 inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide, and nearly 13 inches tall.
- The 8 Asian animal figurines contained in the TOOB range from 1 1/4 to 3 3/4 inches tall.
- The Asian Animals TOOB is part of our popular TOOBS® collection.
Kids can learn all about these heavy duty machines without ever having to put on a hard hat. These miniature construction vehicles can turn any sandbox or sensory bin into a mini worksite!
- This Construction Vehicles TOOB includes detailed and colorful models of vehicles commonly found on construction sites - an Excavator, a Dump Truck, a Cement Mixer, a Crane, a Road Roller, and a Front Loader.
- Each features a distinctive, bright metallic coloration to stand out for safety - purple, red, yellow, orange, green, and blue.
- Size:The TOOB container is about the size of a standard American ruler, this TOOB is 1 1/2 inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide, and nearly 13 inches tall.
- The 6 vehicles within the TOOB range in size from 1 1/4 to 3 3/4 inches tall.
- The Construction Vehicles TOOB is part of our popular TOOBS® collection.
- Note: Wheels on vehicles are fixed and do not turn or rotate.
The vast area covered by the Sahara Desert, despite the hot climate, is home to a wide range of unique and interesting animals. The Sahara covers over 3.5 million square miles in North Africa, making it the largest hot desert on Earth (only the cold deserts of the Arctic and Antarctic are larger).
- This Sahara Desert Animals TOOB container includes re-usable packaging with a latching top and carry strap that makes it portable and convenient!
- Inside of the TOOB, you will find 9 miniature, yet highly detailed, animal figures: A Fennec Fox, an Ostrich, a Dorcas Gazelle, an Addax Antelope, a Deathstalker Scorpion, a Horned Viper, a Desert Monitor, a Cheetah, and an African Wild Dog.
- The TOOB container is the size of a standard American ruler, about 1 1/2 inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide, and nearly 13 inches tall
- The 9 animal toy figures in the TOOB range from 1 1/4 to 3 3/4 inches tall.
- The Sahara Desert Animals TOOB is part of our popular TOOBS® collection.
While smaller and more lightly built than its relative, the T-Rex, the Albertosaurus was still a formidable predator of the Late Cretaceous Period. Some scientists believe that Albertosaurus may have hunted together in packs in what is now Alberta, Canada.
- Albertosaurus means "Alberta Lizard" while sarcophagus means "Flesh Eater".
- This highly detailed figure depicts what Albertosaurus may have looked like in life. It is similar to T-Rex, its cousin who lived a few million years later, but slimmer and smaller.
- This Albertosaurus has a speculative pattern of brown and aqua coloration, which may have been used for camouflage.
- Size:A sizable figure at almost 10 inches in length from nose to tail. It stands just over 3 inches tall.
- The Albertosaurus figure is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection.
Quite the showman, the Cryolophosaurus sported a very distinctive crown-like crest on its head that may have been used to attract mates.. It possesses many features found in earlier meat-eating dinosaurs, as well as later, more advanced dinosaurs which have made it difficult to classify.
- Cryolophosaurus means "Cold Crest Lizard".
- This dinosaur toy is a detailed, accurate depiction of this interesting dinosaur. This figure's crest is painted a bright red to accentuate the display aspect. The rest of the figure is blue-gray above, brown on the sides and cream-colored underneath, with a striped pattern along the tail.
- Size:This dinosaur toy figure measures nearly 8 inches in length, and is just over 3 inches tall.
- The Cryolophosaurus figure is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection.
The Patagotitan was a giant long-necked sauropod dinosaur. It was one of the largest animals to have ever walked the earth. It lived in what is now Patagonia, Argentina, around 100 million years ago and measured over 100 feet long!
- Based on the findings of scientists, this Patagotitan figure’s design is inspired by how these giant sauropod dinosaur may have looked like in life, with its long neck, thick legs, and long tail.
- It features a two toned brown coloration with striping and spots along its sides.
- Our Patagotitan toy figurine measures approximately 15 inches in length!
- The Patagotitan figure is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection.
Straight from the feature length Dino Dana film comes Nanotyrannus, the mini-tyrant dinosaur! Was this dino its own unique genus, or a juvenile Tyrannosaurus Rex? Dino Dana: The Movie explores this question, and you can learn about different dinosaur growth stages with this officially licensed dino toy!
- The scientific name, Nanotyrannus, means "Dwarf Tyrant.”
- Since it's quite likely it represents a younger version of that famous dinosaur, the Nanotyrannus toy appropriately resembles a smaller version of T-Rex. It’s coloration and design are based on the Nanotyrannus from the Dino Dana movie
- Scientists have been divided on the validity of Nanotyrannus as its own genus, but most now believe it to be a juvenile stage of Tyrannosaurus.
- Bonus: Use your phone to scan the QR code on the figure’s hangtag to download the Dino Dana app. After downloading the app, you can scan the figure’s barcode to make the Nanotyrannus "come alive" in an Augmented Reality environment!
- Size: This Nanotyrannus figure measures 8 1/2 inches long, and almost 3 inches high.
- The Dino Dana Nanotyrannus figure is part of the Dino Dana collection.
Was Stygimoloch, the spiky bone-headed dinosaur, a transitional growth stage of Pachycephalosaurus? Dino Dana: The Movie addresses this question. Learn about different growth stages of this dinosaur with our Stygimoloch dinosaur toy figure that’s straight from the feature length Dino Dana film.
- The scientific name, Stygimoloch spinifer, was inspired by "Thorny Moloch [a horned deity] of the River Styx [a river from Ancient Greek Mythology that leads to the underworld]”.
- Featuring details and coloration right out of the Dino Dana film, including a rosy red body with lighter splotches along its length.
- Bonus: Use your phone to scan the QR code on the figure’s hangtag to download the Dino Dana app. After downloading the app, you can scan the figure’s barcode to make the Stygimoloch "come alive" in an Augmented Reality environment!
- Size:This Stygimoloch figure measures just over 8 inches and just under 3 1/2 inches tall.
- The Dino Dana Stygimoloch figure is part of the Dino Dana collection.
Straight from the feature-length Dino Dana film comes Zuul, the ankylosaur with a decidedly ghostly name. This armored dinosaur figure is ready for a dino dance party with Dana!
- The scientific name, Zuul crurivastator, was inspired by "Zuul,” the name of a horned ghost creature from the movie Ghostbusters, while crurivastator means "destroyer of shins"
- This Zuul dinosaur toy features movie accurate details straight from the Dino Dana film, including bony osteoderms and spikey armor, plus a wicked clubbed tail.
- Bonus: Use your phone to scan the QR code on the figure’s hangtag to download the Dino Dana app. After downloading the app, you can scan the figure’s barcode to make this Zuul "come alive" in an Augmented Reality environment!
- Size:From its bony snout to the end of its tail club, this Zuul figure measures just under 7 inches in length.
- The Dino Dana Zuul figure is part of the Dino Dana collection.
Bernie, Safari Ltd.’s beloved spokesgator, got a new plushy makeover for 2022!
- Our Bernie the Gator Plush features an ultra-soft material with earthy-green tones on top and a ribbed white underside. Of course, it wouldn't be Bernie without his cheeky expression and curious eyes!
- Made of 100% eco-friendly material! 17 water bottles were used to make this plush toy! By using recycled bottles in plush toys, we can work together to prevent bottles from ending up in landfills.
- Size:15 in
You will be sure to love these Safari Ltd. puzzles to pieces! Inspired by past Safari Ltd. catalog covers, each of our 300 piece puzzles are vibrantly colored and showcase iconic designs featuring timeless Safari Ltd figures.
- Each of the 6 unique puzzles features a different striking scene that includes Safari Ltd figurines, originally featured in our beloved Safari Ltd catalogues.
- Size:18 x 24 inches (fully assembled)
- Each puzzle is sold separately.
- There are six puzzles to choose from: Sunrise Jubilee, Enchanted Oak, Sunset Splendor, Majestic Splash, Morning Dominion, and Harmonious Hills
- Ages 9 years and up
Our 2022 Mini Catalog is the perfect resource to keep handy for information and specifics on everything Safari Ltd® is offering for the year!
- This guide is 185 pages long
- Features full-color pictures printed on high-quality glossy paper, with information about all of our collections and products!
- Includes fun tidbits, including Did You Know factoids.
- Printed on post-consumer materials using soy inks.
- Size: The Safari Ltd Catalog is printed on 4x6-inch paper. It’s about 3/8 of an inch thick, with full-color graphics.
We are thrilled about the exciting things to come in 2023!
Stay up to date about new releases for 2023!
Let's Get Connected: