Take Our 30-Day Toys That Teach Challenge!
SafariFans, we know things are tough right now. We’re committed to helping you, our community, through this difficult time. We know the challenges many of you are facing, especially parents keeping their kids safe and entertained at home. So, we've crafted a handy dandy 30-Day Toys That Teach Challenge for you!
Your 30-Day Toys That Teach Challenge!
This month-long activity sheet features something fun you and your kiddo can do together every day! Think of it as your special bonding time... that also packs a TON of developmental benefits for your kids. Two birds with one stone.... because learning through play is the BEST way kids retain information, enjoy the process and reach important educational milestones effortlessly.
What You'll Need
Our Challenge features 30 days of pre-planned activities and themes you and your kiddo can do together. There are NO rules! All you'll need are your organic BiOBUDDi Building Blocks, a few of your favorite Safari Ltd Animal Friends AND your imaginations! Any set or product will do, but here is our guide of recommended toys.
You can create your own bundle with whatever products supplement your existing collection best! Creating this bundle discounts the toys AND as our way to support you as best we can right now, our FREE SHIPPING has been dropped to $50 this week. It's our way to say thank you and help your kids get a little something new at this time.
Share your creations on social media with us. Tag us @SafariLtd on any social media platform and we will SHARE your posts and stories with our community! Let's do it together, SafariFans!
Why is Block Play so important? Here's a few of the developmental milestones it supports
- Stage 1: Tote and Carry. This stage is usually for infants and toddlers 18-24 months. At this stage the child is using the blocks by carrying them from place to place. Maybe they are adding the blocks to a grocery cart and wheeling them around, or adding them to a basket and carrying them from place to place.
- Stage 2: Building. This is when building begins. The child will begin stacking blocks on top of each other to create one vertical tower. This typically starts around age two.
- Stage 3: Bridging. At this stage a child a begins forming bridges by connecting two pieces by a third piece. This usually happens around 2.5-3 years of age.
- Stage 4: Enclosures. This is the stage when children begin to form enclosures with their blocks. At this stage they may also begin adding an element of dramatic play into their block play by adding things such as animals or cars with their enclosures.
- Stage 5: Representational Building. This stage of block play is when structures not only have bridging, but exemplify forms of symmetry, balance and consistency in their structures. Their building blocks represent building structures more fully at this stage.
- Stage 6: Complex Structures. At this stage children are adding complex structures to their building. This could be adding a curve rather than straight lines, having multiple levels in their structures, and even mixing blocks such as foam blocks with wooden blocks or adding other various elements to a more detailed structure.
FREE Resources for Staying At Home With Your Kids At This Time
- For more on the Various Stages of Development Through Block Play for babies and toddlers age 18-24 months, read this blog post.
- For more information on how parents are using our organic toy blocks, read this round up BiOBUDDi Block Post!
- For FREE Educational Activities you can do indoors with our toys and simple household objects, browse here.
- For FREE Arts & Crafts Activities you can do indoors with our toys and basic art supplies, browse here.
Additionally, we are posting FREE resources every day, like educational activities you can do with your kid at home. Follow us for those daily updates across our social media. A great place to start is Instagram and Facebook.