The Eagle Owl is among the largest owl species, with a wingspan of over 6 feet. These owls are distributed across a wide range of varied habitats across Europe and Asia. Like their American cousins the horned owls, they are known for their pointed ear tufts.
- History: Also known as the European Eagle Owl and the Eurasian Eagle Owl, this bird is often simply referred to as the Eagle Owl. It is often called the largest of the owls, though it has some competition from the Great Gray Owl (which has a longer body) and Blakiston’s Fish Owl (which is heavier). This owl enjoys a widespread distribution across the continents of Europe and Asia, and 14 subspecies are currently recognized.
- Scientific Name: Bubo bubo
- Characteristics: This Eagle Owl is turning its head to have a look at something behind it. Owls can turn their heads up to 270 degrees, a remarkable flexibility that makes them unique amongs birds.
- Size: This Eagle Owl toy is 3 inches long and just over 2 inches tall, roughly the size of a credit card.
- The Eagle Owl is part of the Wings of the World Birds collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free