Vaquita Porpoise Toy
The Vaquita is sadly one of the most endangered animals on the planet. This small cetacean is native only to the northwestern Gulf of California in Mexico, and its population is currently estimated at just 30 individuals. It faces extreme threat to its existence due to becoming tangled in illegal gillnets and changes to its limited habitat.
- Scientific Name: Phocoena sinus
- Characteristics: Like most porpoises, this figure features a stocky body with a rounded, beakless head. Its smooth form is well-suited for swimming through its ocean habitat, and its dorsal fin is proportionately large compared to other porpoise species. While the vaquita is elusive and often avoids humans, this figure can stick by you wherever you go!
- Size and Color: This vaquita measures 3 3/4 inches long and 1 1/2 inches high at the top of its dorsal fin, making it a bit longer than a credit card stood on its side, and slightly shorter. Like its real life counterpart, this hand painted figure is dark gray above fading to white underneath. It also features the characteristic dark pectoral fins, as well as the dark gray markings around the mouth and eyes.
- The Vaquita Porpoise is part of the Wild Safari® Sea Life collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.