American Desert Hare Toy
Save Liquid error (snippets/product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
Also called the black-tailed jackrabbit, this hare makes its home in the southwestern North America. To outrun its many predators, this hare has powerful legs that allow it to reach speeds of up to 30 mph and leap over ten feet in a single bound.
- History: Hares and rabbits are similar in appearance and are closely related, both comprising the family Leporidae. Both types feature short tails and elongated ears, and the confusion isn’t helped by the fact that some rabbits are referred to as hares, while some hares are also called jackrabbits. The main difference is that rabbits live in burrows underground, while hares live more solitary lives above ground.
- Scientific Name: Lepus californicus
- Characteristics: This desert hare is standing at attention, scanning the area with its erect, alert ears. Ready to spring into action at the first sign of a predator, this finely painted and accurately detailed American desert hare toy figure won’t hop away from wherever you decide to place it.
- Size: Our American desert hare toy figure measures 3 inches tall to the tip of its ears, and is 1 ¾ inches long. Including its ears, the figure is a little bit smaller than a credit card stood on end.
- The American Desert Hare is part of the Wild Safari® North American Wildlife collection.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.