Honey Badger Toy
Save Liquid error (snippets/product-badge line 32): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
The Honey Badger, also known as the Ratel, is a large member of the weasel family known for its tenacity. Despite not being very big by African predator standards, the Honey Badger has very few natural predators, as it defends itself fiercely and fearlessly if provoked.
- History: Honey Badgers are named for one of their favorite foods, honey, though they are far from picky eaters and will eat just about anything that they are able to. They get honey directly from beehives, and are able to withstand bee stings due to their skin. This skin is both incredibly thick, which makes it difficult to penetrate, and very loose, giving the animal flexibility even if its skin is grabbed by a would-be predator.
- Scientific Name: Mellivora capensis
- Characteristics: Compared to other badger species, the Honey Badger has a relatively long body, more like a weasel. This figure shows off the distinct shape of this mammal, along with its formidable claws.
- Size: This Honey Badger figure measures 4 ½ inches long and 2 ¼ inches tall to the tip of its tail, or slightly larger than a credit card.
- The Honey Badger is part of the Wild Safari® Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free.