Chimpanzees are genetically the most closely related animals to humans, sharing over 96% of our DNA. These social apes live in large groups of up to 150 individuals and are found in a variety of African habitats including both forests and grasslands. They have been observed using tools to help them obtain food, which indicates a high level of intelligence.
- History: Scientists believe that chimpanzees split from the lineage that would lead to modern day humans around six million years ago. While fossils of human ancestors are relatively well known, ancient chimpanzee fossils were not formally described until 2005.
- Scientific Name: Pan troglodytes
- Characteristics: This chimpanzee figure is packed full of sculptural detail from its fur to the wrinkles on its hands, feet and face. It is posed in a reaching gesture with a curious expression on its face.
- Size: This chimp figure is just over 4 inches tall and 7 inches long, about the size of a large index card.
- The Chimpanzee is part of the Wild Wildlife collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free