Blue Tangs - 192 pcs - Good Luck Minis®
- History: Many species of surgeonfish in the family Acanthuridae are called “blue tang”. The Atlantic blue tang is entirely blue (though it is born yellow), while the powder blue tang is blue with a black facial area and yellow dorsal fin. To avoid confusion, the blue tang of the Indo-Pacific is known by several other names, including regal tang, palette surgeonfish, royal blue tang, and flagtail surgeonfish.
- Scientific Name: Paracanthus hepatus
- Characteristics: These hand-painted blue tang Good Luck Minis® are flattened and oval-shaped, just like the actual fish. Despite the small size, each miniature is highly detailed with true to life elements.
- Size: These blue tang minis are each 1 inch long, about the size of a small paper clip.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
- 192 Pieces Per Bag. Only Available in Bulk Purchase.
The blue tang is also called the palette surgeonfish, due to the black mark on its side that is shaped like a painter’s palette. The name “surgeonfish” refers to the spines near the fish’s tail, which resemble a surgeon’s scalpel. This makes them dangerous to handle. Despite this, they are very popular aquarium fish, particularly after being popularized in animated movies.