Woolly Mammoth Baby Toy
Some of the best-known woolly mammoths are babies, and some complete examples have been stunningly preserved in ice. The 42,000-year-old baby nicknamed Lyuba is the most complete woolly mammoth in the world, and even has the remains of its last meal preserved inside the stomach. Woolly mammoth babies lived with their parents in large herds that migrated across northern Europe and Asia.
- History: Baby woolly mammoths lived with their parents in huge herds that roamed across northern Europe and Asia from 400,000 years ago onwards. Later woolly mammoth populations coexisted alongside early humans, who hunted them for meat and fur. This may have contributed to the extinction of the woolly mammoth from its mainland range 10,000 years ago.
- Scientific Name: Mammuthus primigenius
- Characteristics: The baby woolly mammoth toy, like the real thing, lacks the giant curved tusks present in adults. However, it shares with its parents a coat of red-brown hair all over its body. It also walked on four short legs. Newborn baby mammoths were no more than two feet tall.
- Size: This woolly mammoth baby toy model is 3.5 inches long and 2 inches high.
- The Woolly Mammoth Baby is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free