Carcharodontosaurus was one of the largest meat-eating dinosaurs of all time. This terrifying theropod was named after the great white shark, Carcharodon, and rivalled the mighty T. rex in both size and ferocity. It prowled the river deltas of northern Africa during the Late Cretaceous, 93 million years ago.
- History: Carcharodontosaurus fossils are known from Late Cretaceous deposits across Northern Africa. It shared its coastal plain and river delta environments with several other large predatory dinosaurs, including Spinosaurus and Deltadromeus. It is still a mystery how so many different large predators could have lived alongside each other in an environment with limited prey resources.
- Scientific Name: Carcharodontosaurus saharicus
- Characteristics: As our Carcharodontosaurus toy shows, Carcharodontosaurus is a giant two-legged carnivore with a large narrow head, jaws filled with sharp blade-like teeth, and a long counterbalancing tail. It has long muscular legs with three-toed feet, short arms with three-fingered hands, and sharp curved claws.
- Size: This detailed and accurate Carcharodontosaurus toy figure is 8.87 inches long and 4 inches high.
- The Carcharodontosaurus is part of the Wild Safari® Prehistoric World collection
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free